Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!



Happy Father's Day to all the daddy's and daddy's to be! I would like to wish a special Happy Father's Day to the four daddy's in my life....Milledge, Pappy(my daddy), Pop(Milledge's daddy) and Grandy(my step-daddy).
Milledge...thank you for being the kind of strong Christian daddy that I always wanted for our children. They think you are the best...and so do I! We love you!
I thought I would include a poem here today that I gave to Milledge on his first Father's Day along with a picture of Jon Milledge and his sweet little baby footprints.

Walk a Little Plainer Daddy

Walk a little plainer daddy,
said a little child so frail.
I'm following your footsteps
and I don't want to fail.
Sometimes your steps are very plain,
sometimes they are hard to see.

So walk a little plainer daddy, for you are leading me.

I know that once you walked this way
many years ago.
And what you did along the way,
I'd really like to know.
Sometimes when I am tempted,
I don't know what to do.

So walk a little plainer daddy, for I must follow you.

Some day when I grow up,
you are like I want to be.
Then I will have a little child
who will want to follow me.
And I would lead him right
and help him to be true

So walk a little plainer daddy, for we must follow you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this poem. Hope your family has a great Father's Day!

Leslie said...

Happy Father's Day Millage!!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Great poem! Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

Ruth said...

Love the poem!

Ruth

Unknown said...

Thats just beautiful!!!

Rosie said...

Hope you had a nice Fathers Day

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

What a nice poem! Thanks for posting it.

Nikki
LID - 29/12/06