Monday, November 19, 2007

Family Campout, Saturday




After we recovered and warmed up from the cold night, Saturday was a fun filled day. We woke up early to hysterical laughter coming from other tents. Anytime my Uncle Glenn is around there is going to be jokes and lots of laughter. It sort of felt like the Waltons because we were all talking to each other while still in our tents trying to stay warm. OHHH...the memories! Here is a list of all that we did on Saturday. This should explain why we slept better that night!

~Huge breakfast for 50 people and everyone was still speaking aferwards

~The kids fished all day starting very early in the morning

~The kids paddled all over the pond in the paddle boat...all day

~We all rode the go-cart and 4-wheelers until several weren't working quite right...OOPS! It wasn't me...I promise!

~Two of my cousins and I made a trip to the local Walmart for more cold gear. We decided that hats would keep us warmer in the tents that night....not sure it helped much

~We each made our own trail burger over the campfire for lunch

~We made candied apples

~We did alot of swinging, rocking, talking, laughing, jump roping, game playing and some of us even did some napping

~Uncle Glenn had planned a quail "hunt" if you really want to call it that. I won't go into details but the poor birds didn't have a chance. But according to all who tried them, they were pretty tasty on Sunday for lunch....YUCK!

~We had a chili supper Saturday night

~After supper, Uncle Glenn set up an outdoor movie screen and we all settled down to watch Jungle Book under the stars

I had so much fun hanging out with my family that I really hated for the day to come to an end. Like I said yesterday, hopefully we can make this an annual event. Of course, I'm packing better next year if we are doing the tent thing again! ;) Stay tuned for Sunday!

3 comments:

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Wow sounds like you had a wonderful family weekend, despite the cold sleeping situation.

Can't wait to hear about Sunday!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Brandi said...

I'm not much of a camper, but you're making it sound like a lot of fun. Maybe I'm missing out on something and should give it another try!

Glad you had such a good time!

Unknown said...

My goodness! That sounds like so much fun. My kind of fun! Good for you guys. I'm sure these will be special memories that you'll always have.