
This is a picture of my maternal grandparents with their three daughters, the oldest one being my mother. This photo was probably taken in the mid to late 1950's at a Delta Airlines family day. My aunt Patti, who is the sweet baby in the picture, found this and gave a copy to each of her sisters and to all of the grandchildren this year at Christmas. It is such a precious memory for all of us since both of my grandparents are no longer with us. They were both very sick when they died so it is wonderful to see this picture and remember them when they were young, vibrant, healthy and happy! I miss my MawMaw and PawPaw so very much and wish everyday that they could've known my boys. My PawPaw would've loved watching the boys play ball since he was a baseball player himself. Jon Milledge and Anderson like to say that they got their ball playing from their great-grandfather. :) My grandfather was a mechanic for Delta for almost 30 years and my boys love to go by the airport, find the planes that..."your PawPaw worked on, Mama!"
Thank you, Aunt Patti for this precious memory. I will cherish it forever!
7 comments:
What a precious picture! I know you will treasure that one.
Oh so special! I love the history of family, so rich and tender. I miss my grandparents too.
Heather
What a special memory you share with your boys about PawPaw and the airplanes he fixed.
Thanks for sharing a piece of your history Angie.
What a treasure! It so nice to have picture and memories to pass on to our children. Very thoughtful of your Aunt.
What a very special & thoughtful gift. I was very close to my grandparents and I miss them very much. I cherish every memory and memento I have.
Smiles! :o)
Nikki
Fairly new reader here, but I had to comment to tell you that you look A LOT like your grandmother. I found you through my friend Christine's blog. I started following when I read your "One Year and Why We Wait" post...beautifully written and brought tears to my eyes!
What a special picture! Thanks for sharing a bit of family history with us.
Post a Comment