Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Guess who's been at Anderson's tournament?!

Any guesses??

(this was sort of paporazzi-ish of me wasn't it?) ;)

Do you give up??



Javier Lopez, former catcher for the Atlanta Braves, has been a spectator at Anderson's state All-Star tournament. Javier's son, Kelvin, was playing on one of the opposing teams. We had seen him several times before tonight but hated to bother him because he was just trying to be a Daddy and watch his son play ball. However, tonight his son's team was playing in the game before ours and we were going into the same dugout where they were coming out and our boys just couldn't help themselves...but who could blame them?! Javier was very gracious to sign every autograph for every little boy and some of the big boys too! Milledge talked to him for a few minutes and asked him if he minded all the attention and he said, "Not at all, as long as it is after the game and I have been able to sit and watch my son play without being bothered too much!". Anderson made sure that he told him that he was a catcher too and Javy smiled, patted him on the back, said "Great!" and also "good luck tonight!". He was a super nice guy and ended up taking a picture with Anderson's whole team. How cool was that for 7-8 year old boys(and their parents too)?!!

Milledge getting Anderson's batting helmet signed!

The helmet that will soon be on a shelf and NOT used in a game!!

Javier and the All-Stars!!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

How very awesome for your boys! Will and Peter play football, and I remember when they got to meet some Bronco players. Those moments are priceless!
Great picture of the little All Stars!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That is Awesome! I bet that was a great experience for the Boys! lol

Gail said...

Very, cool!

Donna said...

Wow!!! So cool! My husband would have been first in line to talk with him. And, I've always thought he was one of the cutest Braves players (shhh...don't tell dh!). I'm sure that made Anderson's day (week, month!).
Happy Birthday, Jon Milledge! My daughter is 12. The fun you're in for, Angie ;)

prechrswife said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

Augh!! I miss him! I was such an adoring fan back in the day - (Shhh..I can only say this b/c my husband would never come across this comment!)