Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Day of School!



Well...it is official, I am the mother of a middle schooler and a third grader. I dropped Jon Milledge off at the middle school this morning with tears in my eyes. Thankfully, he didn't see them because he was sooo nervous. I walked Anderson in to his class and he was more than ready for me to leave! I pray that they are having a great day and that both of their nerves are settling down. Mine will be settled after I pick them up today and know that everything went well and that they both had good days.

Isn't this cartoon too funny and oh so true?!

13 comments:

Melinda said...

Angie~ I can't believe your boys are back in school already! Mine start August 20 and I thought that was too early! I hope they both have great first days! We will be doing the middle school thing next year and I am so nervous and teary eyed just thinking about it!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

School already???? WOW!!!!! Entirely too short!!!!!! Hope they have a great school year!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandi said...

Oh wow! School already??? Mine start the 16th, and I thought that was pretty early.

Hope the boys had a great day!

(Sorry about that last comment...I didn't realize I was logged in as my daughter :)

Unknown said...

I am with you. I am back at work!

I can understand feeling sad about your boys. I hope they have a great school year.

Anonymous said...

I AGREE! It is still summer!!! I started HS!! I can't beleive Jmil is in Middle School either! lol

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I hope you had a wonderful first day of school. We start tomorrow and the kids are a little nervous about being at a new school, but I think they will be fine. I can't believe that you all are growing up so fast. Where does time go?!?!?! Claire in high school........that is CRAZY!!! WOW! Time flies!

I love you!

Talk to you soon!
Aunt Beth

Leslie said...

I hope the boys had a wonderful and great day today.

Ella starts Kindergarten tomorrow morning, and I'm getting nervous for her. She wants to ride the bus to school in the morning..."O'Boy." Big Times are ahead for us.

Laura said...

I hope the boys had a great first day of school.
But I agree with the others - School has started already?!!!!!!!!!
My kids don't start until after Labor Day - not until Sept 2nd.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jon Milledge is in Middle School!? And Anderson is in 3rd grade, I'm getting old.
I haven't been on here for a while but I saw all the pictures and they all look so cute. Including Duke and Tiger.
Also I just wanted to say Jon Milledge looks so much different with his braces.
Well i miss you all and i hope to see you soon.

~Lauren~

Heather said...

Oh Golly, already??? Hope they both had blessed days and will in those to follow.

Time just keeps marching...at least it means you march closer to Ruthie:)

Love you,girl!
Heather

Rosie said...

Gosh,our boys got back to school in Sept !!

prechrswife said...

Hope the first few days went well!