On January 2, 2006, we completed, signed and mailed an application to The Open Door Adoption Agency. With envelope in hand and big dreams in our hearts, we dropped the application into a local mailbox. We waited with nervous tummies for about a week before we heard that we had been approved to adopt from China. Then the real paperwork began!I often ask myself if we had known then what we know now would it have made a difference? I can't answer that for sure because obviously...we didn't know how long this wait was going to be...but I think and I would certainly hope that the answer would be that it wouldn't matter. We felt then and we still feel today that God called us to adopt an orphan from China and I hope that no matter what the circumstances were then, or are today, or will be a year from now, that we would still follow His will for our lives.
Three years is a long time to wait for something that we can't see and frankly something that often feels so uncertain. We choose to believe and trust that God has a plan for our family and that He has led us this far for a reason and we know He isn't going to forsake us now. The past three years have flown by so I like to think that surely she will be here within the next 3 years which fortunately or unfortunately(however you want to look at it) will be here in the blink of an eye.
With 2009 here, please pray for those of us in this process who are longing for our children to be home. Also pray that somehow there will be a speed up in China this year so that babies without a family can be united with families who already love them so much. Thanks!
6 comments:
Sigh. I am with you, girl.
Angie~ I am really praying hard for a speed up. It is diffiuclt to explain to those outside the adoption world how you can love and long for a child that you have never met. Praying that you are finding peace as you wait.
will be praying
Right there with you! As I approach our 28th month of waiting I sometimes wonder how this will all end. Praying for all of us that we will see some kind of improvement in the process this year. Hang in there!
I am praying for you...i think my Sunday School Class gets tired of hearing it every week! haha I think one of the biggest challenges in life is to trust God and know to be patient! Psalm 37:7
I recall my SIL, sauntering by me last year, Hannah had been home less than a year and she said (hands on hips) - it's the wait, I just would not do that. I couldn't wait. No, I am sure she couldn't. But, when you know in your heart that your daughter waits for you, you will withstand anything just to get to that place.
We pray and we pray...we adore your family and will rejoice with you when Ruthie is made known to you.
Happy New Year - 2009 has got to be the Year!!
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment