Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a difference a week makes....

Oh the joys of living in Georgia! As you might recall, about two weeks ago it was freezing here and we had 4-6 inches of snow. Even though that is somewhat unusual, it does happen here. I think I also mentioned that we really have to get outside and enjoy the white fluffy stuff because it doesn't stay around long at all....this certainly held true this year. After our white, cold week we had a BEAUTIFULLY warm week this week. My boys were on their winter break so they were able to be outside in shorts everyday doing all sorts of things that little boys do like.....ride bikes, jump on the trampoline, build forts, roll around in the creek and play every real sport and made up game imaginable.
Being the "wonderful" mother that I am, I encouraged these things and had no idea that after the snow and ice that anything like snakes or poison ivy would be anywhere close to being "awake" yet. Unfortunately, that was not the case for Anderson. Thankfully, no snakes were seen but here is the aftermath of Anderson's fun-filled, outdoor week!

Anderson...two weeks ago in the snow

Anderson....this week with poison ivy on his forehead....

....behind his ear....

.....and all over his face. Poor baby!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Poor Anderson!!!
Fun little boy things, can get ya everytime.
Hope it clears up real fast.

prechrswife said...

Poor thing! That is no fun at all. :-(

Ashley said...

OUCH!!! It is never dull, is it??
:) Ashley