Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Warm and Beautiful


I am trying to take pictures everyday but I'm having a hard time finding the time to sit down and upload them and then make a blog post about them. However, I just had to share what my sweet 10 year old said to me the other night.
See...I just had my mother in law sew me a huge fleece blanket for my many freezing baseball games. My requests for said blanket were that it be red and black(school colors), be big and very warm. My mother in law got the blanket ready for me over the weekend and I decided to try it out Sunday night while Milledge was hitting the boys some ground balls in the yard. I had the blanket all the up to my ears and down to my toes, wrapped around me a time and half, was sitting in my chair in the yard and had the nerve to ask...."Do I look ridiculous in my new blanket? Will I embarrass y'all at the ballgames like this?". A little worried what the answer might be but not really caring because they were freezing and I was warm and that blanket was going with me to the games no matter what...but still, I had to ask. But instead of laughs and giggles I heard my sweet, sweet Anderson say, "I think you look warm and beautiful!!!". Seriously, he is the sweetest, kindest child I know. I am not going to think about the fact that the blanket was covering pretty much everything but my eyes...just not going there. My child thinks I'm beautiful...all is well in my world!

No comments: