Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Can you see him?

Anderson's science class has been studying about our solar system for a few weeks now. The culmination of their studies was today with a cute little skit put on for the rest of the 4th grade and parents. Anderson has been telling me for over a week about his "play" and how he really wanted me to come. I assured him over and over that I would be there to watch him. Even this morning on the way to school he was talking about how excited he was about the play and how he couldn't wait. I again told him that I would be there to watch. Now, for those of you who don't know my Anderson, this was very strange to me. Anderson is my sweet child who would rather be in the background for everything. He has never asked for or wanted to be the center of attention, in fact he has actually gotten physically ill when getting ready to sing with his choir at church. He can play outdoor sports but has refused to play indoor sports until this year because he says that there are too many people looking at him??? Anyway, back to today. I thought it was a little weird that he was so excited to be in a play where people were going to be watching him on stage. So, I leave work and head to his school with my camera ready to catch this momentous occasion on film. The play starts and I don't see Anderson with the rest of the children. About midway through the skit, he appears....can you see him?

Look closely.....

Yep...that's his hand as the Moon Rock hand puppet!

Being introduced at the end...can you see him looking down and blushing? That's my shy boy!

Now I know why he was so excited. He was able to participate with his class but no one had to "see" him! Silly boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh WOW!! I haven't visited in a while....and you have a daughter!!! Many congratulations to you and your family. She is beautiful!!
hugs...

prechrswife said...

Love it! :-) I'm sure he was a great moon rock, too.