One year ago today, April 21, 2010, at 1:15pm we received a phone call that we had been waiting for but had begun to think would never come. It was a very short call but one that would change our lives forever. Emily, from our adoption agency, simply said, “Are you ready? You have been matched with a sweet baby girl!” A few moments later we opened an email that contained three grainy images of the most beautiful little girl we had ever seen and the tiny amount of information that was known about her. Once we looked into those black, almond shaped eyes, we knew that we were staring at the face of our daughter and the 4 ½ years of waiting quickly melted away. We fell madly in love with her and couldn’t wait to kiss those sweet cheeks.



That April day started out just like any other day but certainly didn’t end like one and even though it profoundly changed our lives it was nothing compared to what life with this sweet angel has been like! Happy Referral Day Ruthie!
I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.~John 14:18
4 comments:
I LOVE those pictures with Ruthie and her referral photo. Just precious! Happy Referral Day!!!
Oh, man. Can't believe it! What a year it has been. So, when are you headed back? :)
YOu need to head over to our blog to enter a giveway to help another family bring a little guy home.
Happy Referral-a-versary!
She's so beautiful, Angie. Happy Referal Day!
Happy Referral Day Ruthie!
I remember it just like it was yesterday when I heard the wonderful news from your mom. I was shopping in my local Sam's store and sat in the patio dept. while we talked. I am honored to have been a part of this experience with your mom!
You are a beautiful little girl with a wonderful family. May your life be blessed with much happiness!
Post a Comment