Tuesday, July 24, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Our 2007 All-Star season has come to a heartbreaking end. Jon Milledge's team made it to the state finals and lost by 2 runs. If we had won, we would be headed to the World Series in Virginia. We are so proud of him and his team and couldn't have asked for better kids and parents to have spent the summer with. It was very hard to watch as the kids faced the reality of their season coming to an end. As parents, we always want to shield our children from physical and emotional pain...I couldn't help him this time. He had to deal with it on his own, and he did like such a mature young man. It was a life lesson for him to learn that your prayers aren't always answered as you see fit but according to God's will. It has been such a blessing to listen to him tell family and friends over the last few days that God had a plan for his team and even though it didn't end as they had planned and prayed for...God's plan is always perfect. Although, baseball isn't everything in life....sometimes it is to 11 year old boys.
Jon Milledge played first base all but two ininngs of the nine game tournament and was recognized at the awards ceremony for having the most hits of anyone in the tournament. We thought that having the most hits out of 192 kids was quite an accomplishment!! We are so proud of him!
Next stop....FALL BALL...which starts in about a month!

5 comments:

mandt said...

What an admirable young man. I love his answers. It looks like he had a lot of accomplishments in the tournament - congratulations! My little guys will be signing up for Fall Ball too. It will be a first for Nathan. Have fun!

Donna said...

Sorry they didn't win, but I know you're so proud of how he's handled this loss. This lesson will serve him well in the future! I'm now off the league website to register my boys for Fall ball!

Leslie said...

Angie, I'm so sorry they didn't make it all the way. I love that Jon Millage handled it in such a mature manner. Your a great mom to instill that in him. You have such tallented boys, and I hope you enjoy your time off before the Fall Ball starts back up.

Thanks so much for your email earlier today.

Unknown said...

Awww..I'm sorry they are out, but it sounds like it was a good (exhausting) run!

Anonymous said...

hey i am sooo sad they lost, they did so good the night we came and watched ready to see them play in fall ball!!!
Claire