Saturday, September 29, 2007

DTC Anniversary!


This is a room at the China Center of Adoption Affairs where the dossiers are stored. Do you see ours???

One year ago today our dossier was sent to China. A dossier is a collection of all the certified, notarized and authenticated documents that we had to prepare so that Ruthie's adoption could be processed. I had forgotten all about this date as it is really your LID that is important as far as the "count down" goes. But, as I was writing the date on a check earlier today I smiled remembering that 1 year ago all of our hard work was headed to China in preparation for our little girl!! Now, if I just knew why it took them so long to log us in.....our LID is not until November 8, 2006???! I'm sure that we will realize the reason when we meet Ruthie at God's perfect moment. So, for now, we wait for that moment.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, it did take a long time for you to be LID. That dossier room picture is so interesting to me. We wait with you!

Brandi said...

Yes, there is a reason and it will become clear to you at a later time, I'm sure!

For now, we wait!

Lisa said...

Waiting right along side of you my friend!

Heather said...

Okay, we are the oddballs as our wait has ended, buuutttt, I can honestly say our 1 year DTC anniversary feels like yesterday and yet, here we are with little one in tow! Once the miracle is recognized, the wait becomes ancient history!

Cheering you on, waiting on your Ruthie and praying for her daily!
Great post...
Heather

Leslie said...

Hello Girly. I'm sorry for you wait, and that Ruthie isn't in your arms yet. I can't wait when I can rejoice with you on your referral.....praying soon, soon, soon.

(((HUGS)))

Gail said...

Well we are also waiting right next to you Angie. Next big milestone will be when we all get out of the review room...hopefully soon. :)

Laura said...

My first thought was "Wow, a year already?!" But a year has passed and we're not that much closer. I also believe in God's perfect timing as it was true with my other girls. Hang on to that thought.

Laura
DTC 10/27/06
LID 11/22/06

prechrswife said...

One year already--wow! As someone else said, the reason will be clear one day when you meet Ruthie for the first time, but this is the hard part. Still praying for you. :-)

Dusty

Pamela Askew said...

I remember how happy I was when our dossier went to China too... nothing like feeling so happy that our paperwork was finally in the country where our child will be born! Congratulations for making it one year..... I wait with you and cannot wait for the day that we all have our babies!!

mandt said...

Wow, you guys did wait a long time for your LID! And I thought ours was long at 28 days. Congrats on your 1-year anniversary of being DTC! Hang in there.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I remember the day I sent our dossier as well. What a special day that was! Little did I know then, just how long we would have to wait! But as everyone is confirming...all in God's timing!!

Waiting with you!
Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Donna said...

Love that picture...how DO they keep track of all that! It looks tenuous, at best!

Rosie said...

Happy DTC one year.Our DTC is next week.

Rosie said...

I know why your LID took so long...so it would be the same as ours!!
The 8 is the best number aswell!!