
I remember when I was a little girl my mother told me about where she was and what she was doing when President Kennedy was shot. I remember her saying that it was like time stood still for a few days and that she felt like life would never quite be the same. I listened but didn't really understand.
After September 11, 2001....I now understand. I will never forget where I was, what I was doing and where my family was when I first heard the horrific news. I, too, felt like time stood still and I was quite sure that life would never be the same. My brother and his family were living in Fairlawn, NJ at the time...a mere 20 minutes from Manhattan. I couldn't dial their number fast enough because even though they didn't work in the city, you just never know. Thankfully I heard from them and had the reassurance that they were all fine, which of course was not the case for many families.
May we always remember that September day, take time to honor those that lost their lives and to pray for the families that have had to face life without their precious loved ones.
God Bless America!
6 comments:
Well said. I too will certainly always remember that day. The feelings easily come back with fresh emotion.
Hi Angie - God Bless America Indeed! I liken it to the day Kennedy was shot too. It is one of those things, you recall every moment.
Wishing you a blessed week.
Heather
Always remembered in my heart.
Yes, I will always remember the day and time. I also remember well the day Kennedy was shot. I guess those terrible events leave us scarred for life.
May God bless America...always.
Wendy
What a nice post Angie. I know I will never forget either.
Great post Angie! I will never forget that day and how everything seemed to change from that day on...
Post a Comment