Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Perfectly Polished?



Here in our little town once you enter the 5th grade you are invited to join an etiquette class that is offered every other Sunday afternoon. Perfectly Polished is a school out of Athens that comes here to teach pre-teens about "social graces" and other life skills. Jon Milledge really didn't want to go because you have to dress up for each class and he thought it was more for girls. He is loving it now and there are 15 boys and only 6 girls in the class, which is going to make their dance lessons interesting!
A little funny story about Perfectly Polished...After the first class, I asked Jon Milledge what they had learned that day and he told me "The Electric Slide". I then said, "What else?" like the good mother that I am..hee hee. He proceeded to tell me that they learned all about napkin etiquette. He told me that the only time you can tuck your napkin in the collar of your shirt is if you are on a plane. Then he said, "Mama, did you know that during a meal before you take a drink you are supposed to dab your mouth three times with your napkin?"(and he demonstrated as best an 11 year old can demonstrate dabbing). I told him that I didn't know that but that I assumed that was so you don't get crumbs in your drink. He got this awful look on his face and said, "Well, I don't care what it is for, you will NEVER catch me dabbing my mouth 3 times before taking a drink or anything!" Milledge later said that is because there isn't a cute prom date involved yet! Thank goodness!
The class will end in the spring with them showing off what they have learned at a Spring Formal at The University of Georgia. From what I have heard from other parents, the young ladies show off their dance moves with their daddies and the young men dance with their mothers . OH MY!! Maybe I should be taking the class as well! My palms are already sweating!

12 comments:

Pamela Askew said...

That sounds like such a great class! I wish they had something like that here :) Can't wait to see pictures of you dancing with your son come Springtime!

Heather said...

Oh Angie - what a wonderful program - you and your boys are so blessed. He could not look more handsome and what a wonderful prom date he will be - some things come straight from the heart of the parents, not a class. Keep dreaming of those dances with your son, ohhh, gives me chills.

Have a happy week.
Heather

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Wow that is a wonderful class. What a heartbreaker he will be!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

mandt said...

Wow, that sounds like a great class for kids. I'll have to see if it's offered in our area when the boys are a little older. Jon Milledge looks too cute!

Brandi said...

What a great class! I also wish something like that was offered around here (though I would definitely have to take the class along with the kids :)

Leslie said...

You need to update your blog each week with whatever Jon Millage learns. We don't have classes like that here either. I didn't know you were supposed to dab your mouth 3 times, before you drink. Please keep us all updated with Jon Millage. Very interesting.

Gail said...

I just love this Angie. He is so handsome and what a great program.:)

Unknown said...

Oh my! What a total cutie! Sounds like a great class.

Rosie said...

What a lovely idea..love the photo

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, I wish they had those kind of classes here! They sound amazing!

Unknown said...

what a neat post...great picture

Unknown said...

How how dashing he looks!! It's great that a boy would be so into it!