Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Will the Real Mr. Tice Please Step Forward

A couple of weeks ago Jon Milledge's school had Red Ribbon Week which included different activities everyday. On Friday of that week, the kids were asked to dress like any professional from the last 100 years. Some kids dressed as farmers, some as doctors, some as nurses and one little boy dressed up like his daddy. When I asked Jon Milledge early in the week what he would like to dress up as he said, "Mr. Tice". Mr. Tice is Jon Milledge's teacher this year in the 5th grade and has been a wonderful teacher who Jon Milledge really admires. So we set out to find the perfect "Mr. Tice" outfit. Of course, J.L., Jon Milledge's best buddy also got in on the fun! The boys decided to wear khaki pants, button down shirts with the sleeves rolled up and a pencil in the pocket, tennis shoes, a belt, glasses, a beard and salt and pepper hair and they wanted to hold a Diet Coke because Mr. Tice "always has one". Mrs. Tice is the school secretary so she was able to "sneak" us an old school ID of Mr. Tice's that they clipped to their pockets. The boys were too cute and were the hit of the whole school that day. In fact, the town newspaper was called to come and capture the moment. I can't imagine being a teacher knowing that the kids could've been anybody they wanted to be but they chose to be me. I think Mr. Tice was surprised and touched.
Aren't they cute? You can't see it too well in the pictures but I sprayed Jon Milledge's hair with gray hair spray and made his beard "salt and pepper" too.


The boys with Mrs. Tice


The boys and Mr. Tice

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I just love it....to funny.

Anonymous said...

thats Awsome!