
As of today, we have been waiting 13 months for our Ruthie. We would like to say that we have waited those months patiently but that hasn't always been the case, some days are just plain hard! God spoke to me recently in His still small voice and really helped me through one of those hard days. When I was down about the wait, wondering if Ruthie was ever going to come home and basically just having a pity party for myself, I felt Him very close to me saying...."Do you really think I don't understand what you are going through? Do you think I don't know what if feels like to wait? Do you think I don't know what it feels like to be separated from my child? I do understand, I have waited much, much longer for some of my children to come home to me and actually some never do and I know how bad it hurts to be separated from a child. Please just be still and know that I am God and working during your wait".
I had never really thought about Almighty God having to wait on anything. I mean, He is all knowing, all powerful, why should He have to wait on anything? But, probably the one thing He doesn't want to wait on, what pains him the most is waiting on us, his children, to come home to Him. He does understand what I am going through and because I am learning to lean on Him more, He is bringing me closer to Him through this wait! How wonderful is that?! Thank you God for your patience and for waiting on and believing in me.

My friend, Leslie, and her family recently sent us a care package and this ornament was in it along with several other very cute things. This little ornament meant so much to me and made me think about what I believe during this Christmas season.
~I believe that God sent His one and only Son to earth to live and die for my sins.
~I believe that because I believe this and have accepted it, I am a child of God and will live with Him forever in heaven.
~I believe that He has blessed me beyond measure with a wonderful family and great friends.
~And I believe that Ruthie WILL be home some day!
Thank you Leslie! I believe that I am blessed to call you my friend.
12 comments:
What a beautiful post Angie. I Believe God is not to far from showing you your daughter for the first time. It's going to happen, just hang in there and Believe.
~*~I too feel Blessed to call you my friend as well.
Love Ya Girl.
What a beautiful post, and wonderful perspective to consider. You have encouraged me with this post. For some reason the last tiny batch got me down.
Love the Jiinkin ornaments!
Love the ornament.Happy 13 months to you..
Oh Angie - what a beautiful heartfelt post. I remember being where you are - I just posted about Hannah's eight months home with us...eight months, how did that happen? Just last Christmas, i was weeping that I could not wait anymore. The Lord does know, he has waited so many times, on all of us - just look at how many times we have made Him wait and He does it - with the grace and love that only He could provide.
We continue to pray for Ruthie and I continue to pray for you and encourage you - the more I know you, the more convinced I am of how very blessed Miss Ruthie will be with such a Christ centered family.
Love to you -
Heather
Happy 13 months behind you!
Beautiful ornament! What a thoughtful friend!
Smiles! :o)
Nikki
Beautiful post!
I know exactly how you feel...and I keep telling myself to trust God. Believe in Him and be patient...he is taking care of things. (Easier said than done at times, but I am trying!)
Happy 13 months...we're right behind you!
Happy 13 months! Just remember--God is faithful...you will see Ruthie. :-) (((Hugs))) from Florida.
Dusty
Congratulations on surviving 13 months!
Thank you for writing from the heart Angie. This wait is so very hard, but there is a little girl at the end of this long wait. Happy 13 months to you! :) Gail
Angie, that was a great post! i mean we really don't think about that as much. that God is goes through everything we go through pretty much! i also beleive Ruthie will be here soon! :)
-Claire
Angie, Thanks for sharing your revelation. Some days are just really hard aren't they? Waiting has never been a strong point but He is working on me.
Happy 13 months! Lovely ornament!
Congrats on 13 months! I'll have 13months on Friday...seems like a long time to be logged in, doesn't it? I loved your post, and love when we hear those whispers from God. It helps. Thanks for sharing. A friend gave me the same ornament. I, too, believe!
Post a Comment