Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Favorite Books

These are two of my very favorite Christmas books. The first one, The Christmas Story, was one that I loved as a child. I couldn't wait for the Christmas season to come around because my mother would read this to us and we would sit listening, anticipating the next page and enjoying the wonderful pictures. My mother moved recently and I found this book in her basement and she was kind enough to let me bring it home. I wonder what two little boys will be listening to this great book in the next few weeks?!



The next one is a newer book that I had not read until a couple of years ago. I'm not even sure how old it is but it is very cute. If you have not read Olive, the Other Reindeer, it is a must holiday read!



Happy Holiday Reading!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love childrens' books. What wonderful memories!

Heather said...

The first one is a given, but Olive, who does not LOVE this book??? great choices.

Merry, merry
Heather

Brandi said...

I've never read "Olive, the Other Reindeer", but I LOVE "The Christmas Story". That, along with "Twas the Night Before Christmas" is read every year (and my youngest is 9!)

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I will have to check out the Olive, the Other Reindeer book, looks cute!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Melinda said...

What great memories to share with your children! I will have to check Olive out!

Leslie said...

I can't wait to go back to PBK, and check out that Olive book.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am afraid that I am not in the Christmas spirit this year... still, love the look of the book... Olive the other reindeer... hehe

Unknown said...

I too love the Olive book! - Like your new blog look!