1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You have ever been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth.(2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken an airplane ride half-way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word "Dossier" means, and you can actually pronounce it!
13. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
Author Unknown
(copied from a blog that copied it from another blog that copied it from another blog.....)
8 comments:
I love this Angie, every single one of these. When we started the process to adopt Grace we had no idea where the money would come from to do it. But we felt called to it, and the money came. We are very blessed. Great post, thank you my friend! :)
Ain't it the truth???
You also know when you say to your sweet hubby, "Honey, I think there is another one for us." (just felt the call again a few weeks again, it gets stronger everyday, crazy!!) After I picked him up off the floor, he assured me we'd talk about it, later, very much later:)
Love to you, Angie!
Heather
Hmmm....I think I may be an adoptive parent.....:-)
I love that list!
So true! I cry in church because God has blessed me not just once, but twice, and now I'm waiting for a third time. And I never had the money saved up for any of my adoptions. I just believed. Well, and I was given a pretty obvious sign when I wanted one to go ahead with Anna's adoption.
Hey Angie!
I just read this post on Beth Moore's blog and thought of you. You have been so faithful in your wait for Ruthie and I thought of you when I read this...
http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/02/just-dreaming.html
oh, I just loved that. Thanks for sharing. There are so many emotions invloved in this journey.
There are some things on that list I have yet to experience, but I'm ready!
This is very cute, and so true!
Post a Comment