Friday, March 21, 2008

My Little Babe


This article was on the front page of our local paper last week. Anderson had told me that he thought he was going to be in the paper but I had no idea that he was going to be on the front page AND that they were going to compare him to Babe Ruth! His class had to do a book report on a biography of a famous American and Anderson chose Babe Ruth. After presenting their reports and projects to the class one week, the next week they made a living museum in a small hallway at their school for other classes, parents and grandparents to come see. They each made a name plate, with lots of information about what made their person famous, that was placed above their heads and they struck poses and remained very still like statues while people were walking past to see them. It was so cute!
Needless to say, I purchased lots of copies of this paper and one of them is at the frame shop being framed for Anderson's room. I mean it's not everyday that a little boy gets compared to one of his heros!

8 comments:

Laura said...

You can also contact the newspaper and get a copy of the photo. Jessica and I were on the front page of the St. Paul paper the day after a celebration at the capital where all children under 18 adopted by U.S. parents automatically became U.S. Citizens (Feb, 2001). I have several copies of the newspaper, but also the 8 x 10 photograph of us. It cost $10.00

Cool picture! Congratulations to Anderson!

prechrswife said...

What a neat thing to have in the paper! :-)

Leslie said...

I just love it, and Anderson looks so cute posing. Thanks for getting me a copy also. I'm glad your framing it for him.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

How cool is that, Angie! Anderson must have been thrilled! I'd buy a million papers!!!! LOL!

Brandi said...

That is waaaaayyyyy cool! What a great idea to frame it and hang it in his room!

And yes, like Laura said, you should be able to purchase a copy of the picture. I work at a newspaper, and we offer contact sheets (or press plates). They're also a great way to preserve the memories (and they don't fade).

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That is soooo cool! It would be cool to have a copy of that!,but if you don't have one its o.k. It is CRAZY how much he looks like him!! WOW Anderson is going to be the next Babe Ruth! Tell him hey and I love him!

Gail said...

How awesome Angie. Anderson looks so cute posing, and he must be so excited about this. Congratulations Anderson!

Heather said...

I thought I had commented on this already, but it's not here so...this is very cool!!Anderson must have been on cloud nine. What a handsome boy, perfect for front page news:)

Heather