Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tragic News


There are many sad, heavy hearts today in the Christian music world as well as in the international adoption world. Maria, the five year old daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman, died yesterday after being hit by a car in the driveway of the family's home. You can read the story here. You can also read more, see a precious video of Maria and her daddy, and send condolences here.
Please be in prayer for this family. I cannot even begin to imagine the grief, sadness, despair and sorrow that they must be feeling. May God hold them in the sweet palm of his hand during this difficult time.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I heard about this last night. I blogged about it as well. Ask anyone who knows me well, and they will tell you he is one of my favorite artists. I just can't imagine what they are going through right now. I will praying for them and I know you will too...

Unknown said...

My heart is heavy. SCC has had a tremendous impact on my life. I've loved him since I was a teenager. This is a tragedy beyond my understanding.

Melinda said...

This is so very heartbreaking. I pray that God holds this family close and comforts them. I also pray for their son/brother that God releases him from any guilt he may be feeling.

Anonymous said...

Matt emailed me first thing this morning to tell me the tragic news. He has been heartbroken all day. Any news such as this causes him to not have the best of days. Being that we have somewhat walked these shoes, this family is certainly in our prayers. We understand the guilt and horror that the son is going through. From experience on that side of it, I can say that time does help numb the hurt, but it will never take the memory of the accident away. Whenever I hear of accidents of a child being hit by a car, I always wish that there was a way that we could get in touch with the person so that Matt could talk to them as some one who has walked the shoes. That helped Matt so much to know that he was not alone, that the same thing had happened to several others even in our town. As many people told us during Matt's accident, God has a purpose in this though we will probably never know what that is nor will we understand it this side of Heaven. Our prayers are certainly with this family.

Beth

Stephanie said...

I heard about this yesterday... it is beyond tragic. The family is in my prayers. I can't even imagine how hard this must be for them.

Ashley said...

My thoughts and prayers are with this family. It is beyond heartbreaking. May Gods light shine upon all of them.

Leah Reeves said...

Hi,

My heart goes out to the Chapmans. They have done so much for international adoption.
I just found your blog. Our LID is 11.27.06. We just got home from Ethiopia picking up our first daughter. Now we are awaiting our second. Nice to meet you

Gail said...

I cannot remotely imagine what this family is going through. The word "tragic" isn't sufficient to describe this. My thoughts and prayers have been with them all.