HELP! Both of my boys left this morning going to church camp in a whole different state!! I am a little stressed. I know they are going to be fine and have a great time but they are 5 1/2 hours away...not a quick trip if something happens or someone just needs their Mama. Anderson was acting a little weird when we dropped them off at the church. He made sure that he told me that this was his first spend the night camp as well as his first camp out of state. I couldn't tell if he was proud of that or worried about it so I didn't say much. Both boys were very clingy this morning and told me and Milledge many times that they loved us and would miss us. Of course, I cried when I watched the van pull out of the church. My prayer this week is for their safety, that God will reveal himself to them in a mighty way, that they would be open and receptive to what He has in store for them, and that they will have tons of fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! Now, what in the world do I do for 4 days with no children??? Monday, July 21, 2008
Church Camp and One Stressed Out Mama!!
HELP! Both of my boys left this morning going to church camp in a whole different state!! I am a little stressed. I know they are going to be fine and have a great time but they are 5 1/2 hours away...not a quick trip if something happens or someone just needs their Mama. Anderson was acting a little weird when we dropped them off at the church. He made sure that he told me that this was his first spend the night camp as well as his first camp out of state. I couldn't tell if he was proud of that or worried about it so I didn't say much. Both boys were very clingy this morning and told me and Milledge many times that they loved us and would miss us. Of course, I cried when I watched the van pull out of the church. My prayer this week is for their safety, that God will reveal himself to them in a mighty way, that they would be open and receptive to what He has in store for them, and that they will have tons of fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! Now, what in the world do I do for 4 days with no children???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sometimes these things seem to be harder on the parents than on the kids. They will have a lot to do to keep them distracted. As for you, I'm sure you will find lots to do this week. :-) I hope they have a great time at camp, and that you will enjoy your week, too. (Admittedly, when my day comes, I'll be a nervous wreck, too. It was bad enough when Chet was interviewing with this church down here, and we had to leave Mary Joyce in GA with her grandparents for a couple of days...)
I would be a total mess! A TOTAL mess!
My momma's heart going to your momma's heart....:-)
YAY! Thats so exciting! I remember when I went to my first camp with church(out of state!) It was so much fun! And I bet they are having a BLAST too! love ya!
You know they are having a ton of fun and remembering the words of my little brother when my mom asked if he missed her at camp, he replied "I was too busy!" She never let him forget that one! Enjoy the down time.
Post a Comment