Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Reasons I Breathe.....

The other day my mother was telling me about a lady she knows who describes her grown son as "still the reason I breathe everyday". It brought tears to my eyes and I simply said to my mother, "I can understand that". Now, don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of scientific reasons why I breathe everyday, like, it is an involuntary reaction of my lungs blah, blah, blah. Also, I know that since I am a believer in Christ that He has my days numbered and that I will breathe as long as He sees fit. I have a wonderful husband whom I love dearly, who I know loves me with all of his heart, and who I can't imagine my life without. However, in my feeble mind there are two reasons that I daily take in air....Jon Milledge and Anderson.
I believe that we all question why we are here, what is our purpose in life and what our life goals are. I have never had lofty goals of being a doctor, lawyer, astronaut or having any seemingly professional career. I have known since I was a little girl that my goal, my job, my purpose on this earth, my reason for breathing was to be someone's mommy. I have a job and I have different titles that are important and special to me like....wife, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend, daugther in law, sister in law....however, none is more special to me than Jon Milledge and Anderson's mother.
My mother was waiting somewhat patiently (ok...not really patiently at all) in my hospital room the day that Jon Milledge was born via C-section in Fort Worth, Texas. They wheeled me back to my room for recovery and there was my sweet mother and the first and only thing that I could say to her was, "I am sorry...I never knew you loved me this much". The love that I felt for him and then Anderson, three years later, was instant, real and HUGE. Even though the love was great, so was the responsibility that was now upon me. I am not the best mother, probably not even a great mother most days but I try and I hope they know how much I love them and how just them being here has fulfilled every dream that I have ever had. I pray that the things I have said to them, taught them, allowed them to experience and even not allowed them to experience have not only shown my love to them but also the love of their heavenly Father and ultimately made them want to be better people. I pray that they become men of God who are respectful, loving, gentle, kind, and strong in their faith.
I give thanks to God for allowing me to be a mother and for entrusting me with these two wonderful sons who give me reason to breathe everyday.

Now if we could just get Ruthie home.....

Here are a few of my favorite baseball pictures from the past few weeks and some sweet ones from the beach. I didn't take any of Jon Milledge in Florida but a couple of my friends did...hopefully they will pass them along soon. Enjoy!

The reasons I breathe.....














14 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww! That is sooo sweet! I truly beleive all of that! I love you and your boys too! I Can't wait to see ya'll soon...hopefully! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Leslie said...

Another Great Post from you Angie. Your one of the Best Mom's I know girl. Those boys will cherish you forever for that.

Love those pictures...(((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

Lovely post, and so true!

Michelle R Photography said...

What a beautiful post about your love of your handsome boys.

Heather said...

Oh Angie - you made me walk all the way across the kitchen to the kleenex:) I feel like this post was written by my very own soul - you said what I feel daily.

This is my favorite post ever from you. Just perfect and what blessed boys - someday Angie, they will be wonderful husbands and fathers because they were parented in the love of Godly parents.

Love to you, girl!
Heather

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Were you TRYING to make me cry? What a beautiful post!!!!!!! :-)

fleur de lis cottage said...

Leslie (My Girls)mentioned your post on her blog. Such a lovely post, and so beautifully written. I'm sitting hear with tears in my ey

mandt said...

Oh, Angie, I know exactly what you mean. Beautiful post!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Hi, I found your blog from Leslie. I really love your story. I got teary eyed when I read what you said to your mother after your son was born. Just beautiful!.

~Lynn
p.s. I simply adore the name Ruthie!

prechrswife said...

Wonderful post!

Melinda said...

Beautiful post and oh so true!

Marla said...

Hello, here from Leslie's blog, what a awesome post. What a blessed family to have a mother like you. Your Ruthie will be one lucky little girl.

Gail said...

Angie, This is one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read. I can relate so much to all that you speak of. Ruthie will have one amazing mama to come home to.

love, Gail (in China)

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful post Angie! Its exactly how I feel as well.