Every month we get caught up in how many months we have waited for Ruthie and we don't focus on how much longer we have to wait at all....basically because we have no idea! We have decided to add a hopefully positive and fun activity for our boys to do where we count down (instead of UP)and they can actually see how much further we have to go.
I got this idea from several of my other adoption buddies(Thanks!)and decided to do it with my boys. If my math is correct, there are 272 days between February 9,2006 and November 8, 2006. For those of you who don't know, February 9, 2006 is the last day of LID's that the CCAA has sent referrals for and November 8, 2006 is our LID. The boys added 272 stones to a vase and every month they will pull out the number of days referred and we will watch the vase get emptier and emptier hopefully sooner rather than later!
Check back for our status as referrals are sent!
I got this idea from several of my other adoption buddies(Thanks!)and decided to do it with my boys. If my math is correct, there are 272 days between February 9,2006 and November 8, 2006. For those of you who don't know, February 9, 2006 is the last day of LID's that the CCAA has sent referrals for and November 8, 2006 is our LID. The boys added 272 stones to a vase and every month they will pull out the number of days referred and we will watch the vase get emptier and emptier hopefully sooner rather than later!
Check back for our status as referrals are sent!

8 comments:
I LOVE this idea!!!!
What a great idea! I hope your vase gets empty quickly. :-)
That is a great idea! I hope that vase is empty soon!! :) love ya!
Great idea! I hope to see an empty vase soon!
I hope our vases empty more quickly than we can imagine! Our boys love this too.
It's a good idea, Angie. We've got to keep our spirits up, right? I hope your boys get to the bottom of that vase soon!!
I agree, I hope the vase is empty very soon. I am so proud and happy for you. Your family is as beautiful on the inside as well as outside.
Big hugs friend!!!
The vase is a nice idea.Our boys don't really ask about their sister anymore,its so sad.I haven't the heart to start a jar,but might think about it.I just don't want them to be disappointed as we have no idea when it will ever happen.
Post a Comment