Monday, January 12, 2009

12 Year Old Boys

Since Jon Milledge is now 12 1/2, I thought I would post a few things that I have learned about preteen boys.

1. They are teetering ever so carefully on deciding whether to still be a little boy or to go ahead,take the plunge and be a full blown teenager. And this changes momentarily.

2. They can eat large amounts of food in a short amount of time.

3. Some days their parents know a few things and other days....not so much!

4. They have mood swings that would put most premenopausal women to shame.

5. They have a love/hate relationship with their siblings.

6. There is lots of drama with middle sch**l girls....and boys.

7. They have more energy than the energizer bunny....well, until you ask them to clean their rooms...then they are exhausted and can't move.

8. They start becoming a little more private and modest.

9. They can, when they choose, carry on a wonderful conversation with you.

10. And last but not least.....they can think their mama's are crazy one day, great the next, not so great the next and even downright mean the next. BUT, when they are tired and sick, there is no place they would rather be than........

...asleep in her arms!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What a very sweet post!

Unknown said...

I can only imagine! Cute post.

Leslie said...

Awe, that is just precious Angie!!!

Melinda said...

What a sweet post Angie! Thanks for the advice! Ethan will be 12 in June and I am already starting to see some of the things you are describing! Oh and I don't know if I am ready for middle school! In fact I know I am not ready! It sounds like it is so different than elementary! It is tough sometimes to watch them grow up!

Gail said...

Angie, I couldn't have summed it up any better. Every single one. The good thing is that it all passes and they get through this stage. Right about 15-16 it starts to get better, at least that was our experience.

Thank you for the kind comment about Will and his little surgery, Angie.

Michelle said...

Tears to my eyes, sweet friend.

prechrswife said...

Such a sweet post... I may be calling you for advice in 12 years or so. :-)

Donna said...

GREAT post, and the pic is the best.

Angela said...

Great post... I am so not ready for teenagers, or almost teenagers!
And no doubt that is the sweetest pic! Made me tear up girl!

Heather said...

I love this post...I love your heart Angie. That picture is a keeper...someday, someday that picture will bring the tears it brings to my eyes to his and to his children. What a blessing you are!

Love,
Heather