Sunday, June 20, 2010

Plane tickets have been purchased!


It's official...we are headed to China! Our plane tickets have been purchased and we have them in our hands. We leave on July 2nd and will return home on July 17th. I can't believe after four and a half years I am going to China to bring my baby girl home. It is a very surreal feeling.
Since Milledge has just started a new job, he hated to ask off for over two weeks so shortly after starting. So, Jon Milledge and I were going to go by ourselves and I was fine with that. Little did I know about all the people praying for our safety and sanity in China trying to do it all by myself. Obviously God heard all the prayers because on Friday my good friend Caryn, who has adopted twice from China, called me crying saying that God had burdened her with the desire to go with me to help. She had been praying about it and told herself and God that she would only go if it didn't interfere with anything that her family had planned for the summer. Caryn has 5 children total and they are all very busy in different activities. Guess what? The two weeks that we will be gone were the only two weeks this summer that no one in her family has anything to do! WOW! We had already purchased mine and Jon Milledge's tickets so we had to scurry around on Friday to see if we could get one purchased for Caryn and we did without any problems. Milledge, my mother and my father are all rejoicing in the fact that there will be another adult with me...especially one that has done this twice! I now have a peace that I didn't know I needed or didn't already have. I have been more relaxed this weekend about the trip than I've been the whole time.
Thank you God for answering prayers that I didn't know about or know that I needed. He is good all the time...isn't He?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yahoo for you. So glad your friend is joining you!

Gail said...

That is AWESOME, Angie! Having been there twice, I can say it certainly helps to have another person go with you.

Kelly said...

I'm so glad that you have Caryn going with you. God does work everything out!!

The Aldridges' said...

That is AWESOME! I can't wait for you to bring Ruthie home. I am so hapy for you!
Blessings,
Tammy in MSangesu