Today marks one month since that amazing day in Xian, China when I was handed the most precious baby girl. In some ways it is hard to believe that it has already been a month and in others it seems like Ruthie has always been with us. She is doing great as we are still settling in to life with a toddler...again! She has decided that the only person she really wants is her Mommy, which is fine with me but it breaks my heart for her Daddy. She LOVES him...from a distance! I know this is part of her attachment/bonding process and it will get better with time. She is picking up new words and signs everyday. I am also pretty sure that she already understands most of what we say to her. She loves to find shoes and clothes around the house and try to put them on. It doesn't matter whose clothes they are and most of the time she is successful in getting them on some part of her little body. She is going to be a dress up queen! She has got the cutest little personality and makes the funniest faces. She keeps us laughing most of the day! Tonight at dinner she copied us when we were praying. She folded her little hands and closed her eyes but kept peeking to see if it was time to eat yet. Then she said something that was supposed to be "Amen". So cute!
We are so in love with this little girl and can't imagine what our lives would've been like if we hadn't been given the opportunity to be her family. We are so blessed!
We are so in love with this little girl and can't imagine what our lives would've been like if we hadn't been given the opportunity to be her family. We are so blessed!
She makes my heart skip a beat!
One month ago, I met just one of my big brothers.....
First time on the trampoline...I love it!
3 comments:
Already a month? Sounds like good family progress is being made!
I can't believe it has been a month already! It sounds like Ruthie is adjusting wonderfully to your family! Don't you just love watching your boys with her? I love watching our boys interact with Mia! It is so sweet!
Happy 1 Month Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment