
During both pregnancies with my boys, I knew that once I reached 9 months, it wouldn't be long before I would be holding my precious child. With this adoption "pregnancy", I have no idea how much longer I will be waiting to hold Ruthie. We are thrilled to have reached this milestone and feel so blessed to even be on this amazing journey, but the unknown is so hard. When we started our paperwork in January 2006, the wait was around 9-12 months. To think that we could be seeing her sweet face about now is hard especially when we know that it could very easily be 2 more years.
Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Please pray with us and for us as we continue to wait. Also pray for all the other families who are waiting patiently as well. We are trying so hard not to be anxious because we know that God set us on this journey and He will not forsake us! Thank you God, for your peace that passes all understanding and for always guarding our hearts and minds.
Happy 9 Month LIDiversary to us and everyone else whose paperwork was logged in on November 8, 2006! Special wishes today especially for Kelly B., Heidi and Rosie!! We are getting closer girls!
10 comments:
Congrats on making the nine month mark! God has the perfect little girl chosen for your family. When the time is right it will happen and the wait will be a distant memory. Praying for patience for you and all of us waiting families!
There is something about reaching that 9 month mark, isn't there. Congratulations on making it this far. I wish we all knew when the end was in sight, but we don't. God's timing will be perfect though. Congratulations!!
Laura
LID 11/22/06
Congrats on our 9 months!! We've got this far!
thanks for posting that verse today!
Praying, praying, praying, Angie! Happy 9th!!!
I just try to think that we are that much closer to getting to hold our little girls. Trust me some days are better than others...Praying with you.
Congrats on reaching nine months. We too thought that we'd be traveling at some point this fall or early winter. Just as your verse reminds us, we have to try to hold on to our faith. Praying for a speed up!
Congrats on having 9 months of the wait behind you! Thanks for the verse - I needed it today!
I have prayed for your family and for your precious Ruthie since I began following your other site. Nine months is better than eight! And I could not agree more - God's timing is so perfect! It is amazing how you will see all the ways it is perfect after Ruthie is home and you reminisce.
Thinking of you
Heather
I'd rather have the gestation of a human instead of the elephant, but I wasn't asked and God is in control. We will sit and ride it out together!
Post a Comment