Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hairbows, Fingerprints, and, Shots..OH MY!

I am way behind posting about the latest hairbow swap I participated in....better late than never, I suppose! I participated in a one time swap with three wonderful waiting mothers who also happen to be mothers of just boys, like me! So, I think it is safe to say that all four of us are very serious about our need for hairbows when it comes to our daughters. Aren't they the cutest??!

These are from and made by Terri. I love all of them but the little ladybug is just too cute and was such a creative idea for a clippie bow. And what about the Bulldawg bow? How cute is Ruthie going to be in Athens on game day with this bow?! I am so impressed with her hairbow making! I need to come take lessons, Terri! Terri lives here in Georgia and is the mother to two handsome boys who are patiently waiting for their sister Sophia. Thank you so much!!! I love them all!

These cute polka dot bows with a "R" monogrammed on them are from my friend Kelly who lives in Louisiana. Kelly and I have the same log in date and have really formed a wonderful friendship that I know will last a lifetime. She also has two precious boys who are counting down the days until they get to meet Eva. Also notice the little fortune cookie soaps that she added to my gift. Too cute! Thanks Kelly!

This precious snowman bow and Christmas clippie came from Ashley. I just love this little snowman with the feathers and I can't wait to find just the right outfit for Ruthie to wear with this one! Sounds like a shopping trip in the making! Ashley lives in Colorado with her husband and three handsome teenage boys who are all looking forward to the day when they can travel to China and bring Lilly home. Thank you, Ashley!



Milledge and I have decided to go ahead and update our home study so that we can get a new immigration form from the US government before it expires. The paperwork for this is nothing compared to what we did the first time around, two years ago, but there is still some foot work to be done. So far I have: turned in our consent for DFACS to run a check on us, called to get the county to come test our well water, gotten both of our verification of employment letters done and we have been fingerprinted. WHEW! Also, today we went for our second round of Hepatitis A and B shots in preparation for our trip to China. It is nice to be doing something in regards to our adoption besides worrying about it for a change. Hopefully we can move all of this along quickly since the form expires on February 9th and if you apply for it before it expires you can get a one time free extension! We are all for that!

OUCH! Sorry for the nice view of my "undergarment". I thought she would pull my sleeve UP...oh well!


"I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry!" ;) At least she didn't do this to my shirt...that would've been really scary!

Here is Milledge being "booked". There is no picture of me having my prints done because Milledge thought it was ridiculous to be taking pictures at the sherriff's office. The things we will do for a blog post and to document our adoption! tee hee :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The bows are adorable!

We decided not to do the extension. It was a hard decision.

The shot pics are too funny!

Heather said...

Oh bow therapy is the best - I loooove hairbows - I even had Em wear a hairbow instead of little hat for her baptism (and I had family members give me the raspberries on that one - hmph, she looked adorable)

Those pictures are so important to document all the steps you have taken because Ruthie is chosen, loved, adored, nothing is too much - we had to redo everything and it was costly and time consuming and I'd do it all again if it brought me to the same place.

Our love to you - H

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Those are such adorable hairbows!

I love that I am not the only one that takes pictures of every single step of this process. Not sure if I will be brave enough to have my picture taken during the shots though. I’m a bit of a chicken when it comes to needles.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun getting the shots!
OMG! I love the bows! they are so cute! I really love the pink and brown one...cause those are my colors! ha

mandt said...

Oh my goodness, those shot photos are priceless! I'm sure Ruthie will appreciate that you documented the process so well with photos. Priceless. I'm so glad you like your bows. We have SNOW tonight and school is closed tomorrow here in Forsyth County. The boys are so excited. It's Nathan's first real snow and he is amazed.

Leslie said...

Love the bows...Kelly you do a great job with your monagramming.

Your pictures just crack me up.

Melinda said...

I LOVE The pink and brown bow. Those are the colors we are using for Mia's room!

The shot pictures are too funny! Believe it or not we have yet to get our shots! I am scared to death of needles so I have really put this off but I need to get on the ball!