We never imagined that we would wait 15 months or more for our daughter, yet here we are smack dab in the middle of a much longer wait. There are so many rumors and lots of speculation going on in the Chinese adoption world right now that could be really discouraging if I let myself get caught up in them. Instead, I am trying very hard to remain positive and follow the path that has been laid out for me. I don't understand this anymore than the next person but I do know there is a reason for this heartwrenching wait and once Ruthie is placed in my arms I will know why I had to wait so long and hopefully all the frustration, anxiety and pain will be washed away!"Look straight ahead and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don't get sidetracked." Proverbs 4:25-27 (Thanks, Heather!)
15 comments:
Stay positive (i know its hard) and I love your prayer blogroll..Tymm and Laura are special friends of mine!
Or as my zen calendar says today:
"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." Lao-tzu.
When you have Ruthie in your arms, you'll understand the reason.
Waiting with you,
Laura
LID 11/22/06
Happy 15, Angie!
Love the verse. I also like the one quoted by Laura (above).
Hang in there...we too are waiting with you!
Nice post. I share your thoughts on the wait.
I also like the verse very much Angie. This wait is terrible, but I completely agree with Laura, when you see Ruthie's face for the first time... you'll understand.
Waiting right alongside you friend. :)
I think you'll always remember that the wait was really long and hard, but you'll feel so great when you have your little Ruthie, and you know that you were waiting for HER. Keep up your positive attitude; it will get you through!
I pray for Ruthie everyday - and will continue to do so until she is tenderly placed in your loving arms - it is long, it is frustrating, it is worth every moment...I'll say it a million times, she is so blessed to be coming home to the four of you.
Love to you, friend
Heather
I agree... our turn will come in time and am sure that once we get our kids... we will forget this awful wait... all good things come to those who wait...
Hell Angie.Well we are half way there.I reckon another 15 months!!
Hopefully we can get there!
Oh Angie I meant Hello and it came out Hell!!! Well maybe thats right aswell!! LOL!
Angie, I think the same thing about the wait. We will get there.
Blessings to your family!
Terri
Happy 15 months. Today, this does not make sense. But I have faith that one day, it will all be crystal clear. Stay positive, and you have a lot of company on this journey!
love and prayers,
Ashley
Hey, Angie, I tagged you!
I hate seeing the numbers go up for you. You are so positive and have such great posts about it. Keep staying on course because Ruthie will be so worth the wait.
Love Ya.
That was such a positive post. You have a great attitude about the whole thing. Praying that it speeds up for all of us and the children.
Post a Comment