Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oh My Goatness!

Our friends, Jeff and Delia, raise goats and have had a major baby boom in the last couple of weeks. Actually, in one week they had 30 baby goats born on their farm. Delia and I work together and she was so nice to invite my boys over to see the babies before they got too big and scared of people. They were the cutest things and my boys had a blast holding them, petting them, watching them and then feeding the adult goats.

My sweet Jon Milledge left there in tears and cried all the way home because I wouldn't let him bring one home that was either sick or had just strayed too far from its mother. I tried explaining to both of them that sometimes animal mothers will push their babies away and not take care of them if they are sick. Jon Milledge thought that was awful and wouldn't have any part of trying to understand how it is really probably the best thing for the baby. He promised that if I let him bring the goat home he would bottle feed it and take care of it until it was able to eat on its own. Needless to say we did not bring the goat home and hopefully it is doing better now. It was no surprise when I told Milledge about our outing that he told me Jon Milledge had just mentioned to him the day before that he thinks he would like to be a veternarian when he grows up.

The pictures below are Jon Milledge and the goat that he thought he was going to bring home to save. Notice how in one he is not looking at the camara....already tearing up.



Thank you Jeff and Delia for sharing your babies with us! We had a GREAT time...even with the drama!


PS....click on the collages and the pictures will get bigger and easier to see!

5 comments:

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

What a wonderful boy with a tender heart. So sweet!!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Gail said...

Oh Angie, you have such a sensitive, sweet, gentle young man for a son. My grown son Nick has those qualities too, we are very blessed aren't we?

Unknown said...

So what does one do with all those new goats? I wish my little son could see them - he LOVES goats!

Leslie said...

That is so cute Angie. Poor Jon Milledge, that broke my heart about him holding back tears. All Ella saw was his cuteness...LOL.

Ashley said...

Hi Angie,
Such great photos! And what a wonderful young man you have, with a tender and caring heart. I'm sorry he was so sad, and I hope the baby goat is doing better.