
The day that we had hoped would never come, has come. Three years ago today our life history in the form of a dossier was logged into the China Center of Adoption Affairs system in Beijing, China. We had such happy hearts and dreams that day. Now three years later, our adoption feels like a very distant dream that is only that....a dream. We have seen so many children come home to their forever families over the last three years and long for that to be us but for whatever reason it hasn't been meant to be. We can only hope and pray that our day is coming but most days now we have resigned ourselves to the fact that we don't think it ever will. We continue to be sad, frustrated and mad but also hopeful that there is a little Ruthie waiting somewhere for us to be her family.
You can read my thoughts after one year and two years....amazing how much your heart can take and harden in a matter of three years. Oh how I want this season of my life to be over and have my daughter home.
6 comments:
Sigh. Me too. Me too.
I am sorry that 3 years later you are still waiting. I know I do not have the words to make it any easier. Know that the One who placed this dream within your heart has every intention of fulfilling it. Your patience will be rewarded! I pray that you do not have to wait much longer and that there is a miraculous speed up! Anything is possible with Him!
(((((Hugs)))))
I can so relate! There are days I just want to let it go but somehow I can't let go of the dream. Hang in there, our time will come :o)
hey Angie, I'm trying to hang on to hope too. It wasn't supposed to be this hard. Hugs......
Right there with you. Sending hugs to you.
Post a Comment