Sunday, November 18, 2007

Family Campout, Friday Night

Several weeks ago, 45 to 50 members of my family all met and had a campout at my grandparent's farm in south Georgia. We had a blast and I'm really hoping that this will become an annual tradition. I am just now posting this because first of all I have been very busy but also because I took well over 200 pictures and the thought of doing one post with all those pictures made me tired! So, I have decided to take it one day at a time starting with Friday night.
Most of us arrived late on that Friday and spent lots of time visiting, eating, putting up tents and just hanging out around the campfire. My boys didn't think I would actually sleep in a tent so to prove them wrong, I did, and nearly froze to death! I have spent a great deal of time in south Georgia in my life and honestly didn't think it ever got that cold but I also can't remember ever sleeping outside either! ;)
Stay tuned for my posts about Saturday and Sunday. They were much more exciting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I can't wait to see the next ones. I am sorry that we missed Friday night, but I am not sure that I could have done two nights in the cold. We did have a blast and I hope that it becomes a tradition as well.........maybe we can do it at the beginning of October and it won't be so cold.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That looks like so much fun! WEll.....except the "camping" part....:-)

Ruth said...

Wow, how fun!!! Thanks for sharing and look forward to more!

prechrswife said...

How fun, and as someone who used to live in south GA, it really can get cold there on occasion. :-) I'm still trying to figure out if that is the case in Florida.

Dusty

Leslie said...

Sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to see more pictures of your fun weekend.

mandt said...

Looks like you had a great time. I hope it didn't take too long to thaw out in the morning. We love camping but I prefer the warmer months. :)